Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc (ABLE) will be presenting a series of workshops to address some of the most common legal questions faced by low-income entrepreneurs and small businesses. The first workshop will be held from 8:30 am to 10:30 am at The Entrepreneurs Center, 714 E. Monument Ave.
What will you learn throughout this series?
- The basics of business formation
- Whether your business should be an LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, partnership, or non-profit
- Basic tax issues related to your business entity
- How to start an immigrant-owned business
- How to protect your personal assets
- The risks of oral contracts and why a lawyer should review your contracts
- Laws about hiring and firing employees and contractors, and what you can be fired for as an employee
- Zoning and permitting for your business location… and much more!