While the Governor has extended the Stay Safe order until May 29th, incremental openings of businesses are beginning. The goal for Ohioans is to stay safe by continuing to maintain social distancing and heightened hygiene practices but still finding a way forward to restart our economy.
TIMELINE FOR OPENINGS:
May 1 – All health procedures and operations that do not require an overnight stay in a hospital can continue to move forward.
May 4 – General offices and manufacturing, distribution and construction companies will be allowed to reopen.
May 12 – Retail, service and consumer business will be allowed to open.
Information on businesses that are to remain closed can be found HERE
PROTOCOLS FOR ALL BUSINESS
- Require Face Coverings for employees and recommend them for clients/customers at all times
- Conduct daily health assessments by employers and employees (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty”
- Maintain good hygiene at all times – hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing
- Clean and sanitize workplaces throughout the workday and at the close of business or between shifts
- Limit capacity to meet social distancing guidelines
– Establish maximum capacity at 50% of fire code
– Use appointment setting where possible to limit congestion
ACTIONS WHEN A COVID-19 INFECTION IS DISCOVERED
- Immediately report employee or customer infections to the local health district.
- Work with local health department to identify potentially exposed individuals to help facilitate appropriate communication/contact tracing.
- Shutdown shop/floor for deep sanitation if possible.
- Professionally clean and sanitize site/location.
- Re-open in consultation with the local health department.